- Passport Requirement as per EOI, Abu Dhabi
- Passport Requirement as per CGI, Dubai
- Preparing Your Application
- Photograph Specification
- Application Forms
- Passport Processing Time
- Important Notices and Updates
- Other Services
- Premium Lounge Services
- Submitting Your Application
- Passport Fee
- Holiday List
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Useful Links
- Security Regulation at the Application Centre
- Customer Feedback
- Track Your Passport
- SMS Disclaimer
- Emergency Certificate
PASSPORT REQUIREMENT FOR CONSULATE GENERAL OF INDIA, DUBAI
Information for applicants applying to CGI Dubai
Following selection item lists the all passport categories that one can apply. Select your desired passport type from the list given below, to get the detailed information.
General Information Applicable to all Passport Services:
Processing Time of Passport Application are decided by The Consulate General of India, Dubai.
The Consulate General of India, Dubai has the sole and absolute discretion to either Accept or Refuse your application. BLS International has no involvement in the decision making process of The Consulate General of India, Dubai.
Working days would be as per the working days of Consulate General of India, Dubai. Sunday to Thursday (Except Public Holidays, please refer to Holiday List on Consulate General of India, Dubai website)
Effective 20th, July 2016 there is a change in the passport processing time as per instructions from Consulate General of India, Dubai. The new processing time schedule is provided below.
|Type of Passport / Type of Service||
Minimum Working Days
|Dubai Issued Passport||
|Passport Issued other than Dubai||
|All Minor Child Passport Renewal (MCNP)||
|Registration of Child New Passport Application (RCNP)||
|All Tatkal Applications (Adult, MCNP, RCNP)||
|Lost/Damaged- Dubai Issued Passport||
|Lost/Damaged- Passport Issue other than Dubai||
|New passport with Name change in the Passport||
Minimum 5 working days (Subject to Clearance)
|J & K Applications||
|J & K Applications (No Tatkal)||
Depends on prior approval from CGI
- Tatkal/Normal reissue of passports expected to be dispatched on second and fifth working day respectively, excluding the date of submission of application, depending on records available in the Passport Office System, subject to finding no adverse/incomplete entry/report.
- Passport Office shall decide whether Police Verification is required for issuance of passports. Generally, in most cases of re-issue, police verification would not be required or only post police verification would be required, exceptions being certain cases of re-issue of passport in lieu of lost passport/ complete change of name/ certain cases of corrections in the particulars on the first or last cover page of the passport, depending on records available in the Passport Office System.
- In complex cases, such as adoption, application on behalf of a minor from single parent, major change in name, LOP/Damage, doubtful/deficient documentation, J&K subjects, the processing time could be expected to be more then as indicated above.
- New passport for name change in the passport will take minimum 5 working days but passport dispatching will be subject to clearance.
* For Short Validity Passport ( Eg: 1 year,2 years and 5 years valid passport) please refer to the Short validity passport checklist which is listed above.
* Note: For more clarification on fees, processing time and documents required for specific services, kindly go through the checklist which is listed above at the dropdown list.
**For further clarification please contact us on 04 387 5777/04 2555530
Guidelines on Application Form
- All applicants should submit the application in person for identification (Including minors and new born babies)
- There are no renewal services for Passport, all passport will be a new or a fresh issuance from the Consulate General of India, Dubai.
- Original Passport need to be submitted for all kind of services.
- An ordinary passport is valid for ten years from the date of issue. It may please be noted that the Passport Issuing Authority, can issue passports even for a shorter duration. If the passport is issued for a short period for any reason, it can be reissued for a maximum period of ten years. Minors are issued passports for 5 years or up to attaining 18 years of age, whichever is earlier.
- Applicants are advised to ensure that their application is in the prescribed format and is complete in all aspects. Information in all fields to be accurate and legible. No field is to be left blank or unfilled or un-responded or vaguely filled, instead mention "No" wherever it is not relevant.
- All signatures in the application form should be in a dark ballpoint pen of black and signed in the presence of BLS International Services Customer Service Officer. Those who cannot affix their signatures like infants, minors or illiterate should put their thumb impression in the place of signature in the presence of the Customer Service Officer at BLS International Service Center.
- It is an offence under the Passport Act 1967 to furnish false information in the application. Passport facilities would be denied on grounds of suppression of material information, submission of incorrect particulars, willful damage/loss of passport or for unauthorized change/tampering. The Passport can be impounded or revoked for violation of one or more of the provisions under the Passport Act.
- It is an offence to hold more than one valid passport at a time.
- If passport is valid for more than one year and having more than 5 blank pages in the passport, applicant will require prior approval from Consulate General of India, Dubai for issuance of Passport.
- No Tatkal services are available for reissue of Damaged & Lost Passport.
- Applications in respect of applicants residing in other emirates other than Dubai or Northern Emirates passport application can be accepted in Dubai or Northern Emirates BLS International Service center on submission of additional documents. Please refer to Renewal & Reissue of New Passport Checklist.
- In the permanent address (in India) field, please mention the postal address with pin code which should be clear and legible.
- The delivery of processed documents will be courier to the applicant at the address given at the time of submission.
a. Tatkal Fee: Emergency service for issue of passport can be availed by payment of a total fee of AED 855/- for 36 Pages and AED.950/- for 60 Pages under the TATKAL Scheme.
b. Normal fee:
- Adult – AED 285/- for 36Pages, AED380/- for 60 Pages,
- Minors up to 18 years of age – AED190/
- New born passport inclusive of registration for 36 pages is AED 285provided the applicant is eligible for that service.
- Validity of Passport Issued with regards to Tatkal Applications are the at the sole discretion of issuing authorities at Embassy Of India, Abu Dhabi and Consulate General Of India, Dubai.
- The scale of fees for renewal and various passport related services including all kinds of miscellaneous services on passport are prescribed by Government of India from time to time.
- Photograph Specification
2. Change of Appearance
- For Change of appearance Sworn Affidavit is required if (Turban to Non-Turban and vice-versa, Scarf to No-Scarf and vice-versa).
3. Other Information:
- If married or any changes in the Passport it is mandatory to provide documentary evidence for the same.
- Please select the type of service (select drop down) required to know the complete documents to be submitted along with passport application.
- In case if UAE residence visa is cancelled/expired/not stamped the following additional documents are required to be submitted along with the passport application.
(Note: Before approaching Consulate General of India, Dubai for approval applicant needs to visit one of our BLS Center)
4. Visa status
a. Visa Expired:
- Company Photo testified letter, Trade License Copy. Approval from Consulate General of India, Dubai is required in cases where the Visa is expired for more than 30 days.
- For dependents (house wife/minors/house maid) photo testified letter from sponsor and passport copy of sponsor. If the grace period over more than 30 days, approval is required from the Consulate General of India, Dubai
b. New Job (Old Visa Cancelled):
- Offer letter attested from Chamber Of Commerce, Company Photo testified letter, Trade License Copy.
- If the grace period is over more than 30 days, approval is required from the Consulate General of India, Dubai
c. Employment/Residence Visa:
- Employment visa copy, Trade License Copy and the page which has the UAE Entry Stamp on the passport needs to be submitted.
- If the UAE Entry Stamp on the passport is more than 3 months old, company's photo testified letter needs to be submitted along with approval from Consulate General of India, Dubai.
5. Initial in Passport:
Expansion of initials of Parents and Spouse name which is mentioned in the last cover page of the passport is not mandatory.
However applicants who wishes to expand initials of either their parent or spouse names can do so by providing relevant documents along with application of passports
- For Parents Name Initial Expansion: Self Declaration requesting Expansion of Parents Initials, Parents Passport Copy; ID Card Copy (any one can be provided : Aadhar Card Copy, Election Commission ID Copy, Applicant's birth certificate, Applicant's School Educational certificate), Prior approval from Consulate General of India, Dubai and Affidavit from IVS Global.
- For Spouse Name Initial Expansion: Original Marriage Certificate, Spouse Passport Copy, Prior approval from Consulate General of India, Dubai and Affidavit from IVS Global.
In case of no proof is provided as mentioned above, in these cases prior approval from Consulate General of India, Dubai along with Sworn Affidavit from IVS Global stating the Initial name expansion to be submitted along with the passport application.
6. BLS Office Timings:
- 08.00 AM to 08.00 PM - Saturday to Thursday.
- TOKENS will be issued ONLY from
- Morning 08:00 AM till Afternoon 12:00 PM
- Afternoon 01:00 PM till Evening 06:30 PM
For BLS International Service center wise timing and address please visit the page Contact us
7. Premium Lounge
- Timings: 08.00 AM to 08:00 PM - Saturday to Thursday.
- A one-stop premium service shop.
- No waiting in queues, schedule appointments online or through phone.
- Dedicated call center.
- Pre-screening of documents.
- Stylish surroundings with refreshments.
- Photocopying service for your documents and photograph facilities.
- Quicker submission of your application at the application centre.
- SMS alert on the status of your application.
- Courier service for your passport.
Consulate General of India, Dubai Timings:09.00 AM to 12.00 PM – Sunday to Thursday.
For any queries you can contact us on our Centralized Call Centre for UAE on 04 387 5777/04 2555530